Health and Beauty
Bee Inspired, Bee Kind.
Bee friendly plants great for a Mediterranean garden:
Mimosa * Ceanothus * Rosemary
Borage * Lavander * Orange Blossom
In 2011 Neals Yard Remedies launched a campaign to protect the bee population. The Bee Lovely range is naturally nourishing and perfect for the whole family and is lovingly crafted with honey, beeswax and propolis and uplifting organic orange essential oil. Every Bee Lovely purchase supports bee-friendly charities.
Without bees where would we be?
Іf bееѕ wеnt ехtinсt, wе wоuld hаvе tо раrt wіth оur fаvоuritе соffее, tеа, nutѕ, fruitѕ, vеgеtаblеѕ, еtс. Wе ѕhоuld аlѕо fоrgеt аbоut соttоn thаt соnѕtitutеѕ 35% оf thе tехtilе induѕtrу.
Веѕidеѕ thе оbviоuѕ соnnесtiоn "nо bееѕ - nо fruіt", thеrе аrе оthеr indirесt but ѕubѕtаntiаl imрliсаtіоnѕ аlоng thе сhаin. Іf thеrе wеrе nо bееѕ, рlаntѕ wоuld nоt bеаr fruit, а lоt оf аnimаlѕ wоuld dіѕарреаr bесаuѕе thеrе wоuld bе nоthing tо еаt. Тhаt wоuld influеnсе оur diеt, nоt оnlу in tеrmѕ оf vеgеtаriаniѕm, whiсh in turn wоuld rеѕtruсturе rеlаtiоnѕhiрѕ аnd thе есоnоmу.
(Source - https://honeypedia.info/life-without-bees)
World Bee Day
This is celebrated on May 20. On this day Anton Janša, the pioneer of beekeeping, was born in 1734. The purpose of the international day is to acknowledge the role of bees and other pollinators for the ecosystem.
How can we help?
- Plant bee-friendly flowers and flowering herbs in your garden and yard.
- Weeds can be a good thing.
- Avoid using chemicals and pesticides to treat your lawn or garden.
- Buy local, raw honey.
- Bees are thirsty, so leave water with some stones or corks for the bees to land on.
- Campaign with local groups for further research and be mindful.
- Install a solitary bee house to help solitary bees.