Art and Artists
Le Rouge Plaisir
Joël Robuchon - Monte-Carlo
The dessert created by Chef Patissier, Patrick Mesiano, with Lanvin’s Artistic Director, Alber Elbaz,
for Valentine’s Day at Joel Robuchon Restaurant, at the Hotel Metropole, Monte Carlo.
Ingredients for 4
Raspberries 100 Gr
Philadelphia cheese 200 Gr
Lychee purée 300 Gr
Water 250 Gr
From the grocery store
Plain white plates 4
Glass cups 4
1. Cook in a bain-marie the raspberries, the sugar and the water for 10 minutes.
2. Pass through a sieve. Add the gelatine and pour 30g in each tumbler.
3. Put in the fridge to cool down
1. Mix all the ingredients together for 3 minutes.
2. Pour in small round and square moulds and cook in the over for 20 minutes in a bain-marie.
3. Put aside to cool down.
4. Place the cheesecake slowly onto shortbread biscuits.
1. Heat the cream, melt the gelatine and add the sugar and the lychee puree.
2. Whip together until you get a creamy texture, close to a crème Chantilly.
3. Put aside.
1. Heat all the ingredients together in a saucepan.
2. Pour slowly in order to create small domes.
3. Place in the freezer for a few minutes.
1. Bring the grenadine and the water to the boil and add the gelatine.
2. Dip the small jelly coulis domes in the liquid.
3. Place in the fridge to cool down.
Dressing the plate:
In the glass, pour the raspberry jelly and then place the round cheesecake on top.
Add the lychee emulsion and top with the raspberry dome in the centre.
Decorate with gold leaves
Place in the plate, next to the glass cup, a rectangular cheesecake and sprinkle with rose petals.