Food and Recipes
Chocolate Panettone Pud!
400g dark chocolate
600ml double cream
3 tbsp rum
1 chocolate chip panettone
1. Put the chocolate, cream, butter,sugar and rum into a heat resistant bowl and allow contents to melt by putting the bowl in a pan with simmering water. Stir until ingredients are smooth.
2. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs in a separate dish and stir into the chocolate mix to make a smooth thick custard.
4. Slice the panettone, using about half of the cake. Arrange the slices in an oven proof dish 28 cm x 18 cm approx (2 litre volume). Let the slices overlap.
5. Spoon over the chocolate sauce and allow it to soak through the panettone. Cover and keep in the fridge overnight.
To continue Following Day:
6. Heat the oven to 150°C or gas 2. Bake the dish, without the lid for 30 minutes until then panettone is firm to touch and the custard slightly set.
7. Cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
8. Serve with cream or vanilla or chocolate chip ice-cream.