Packing 101 - Make stress-free travelling a doddle.
By Aileen Lane
Aileen Lane is the founder and consultant at
Lane Image Consulting.
For women who are on the move, perhaps for a business trip or a well deserved break, then here are 6 simple packing tips that require no extra effort and make stress-free travelling a doddle.
1. Start with a packing list, bearing in mind what you will be doing and what occasions you need to attend. Is there a brunch, an evening meal you need to attend? Having a plan will make the packing process a pleasure.
2. Use packing cubes and roll your clothes. This will allow you to easily pack for a two week holiday on a carry on case.
3. Avoid clothes that wrinkle easily such as linen and silk and instead opt for clothes that will travel well and not require ironing every wear. Stretch fabrics, cotton and newer fabrics such as modal travel well.
4. Choose separates that mix and match and avoid items that you will only get one wear out of such as dresses. Basic items in neutral clothes like navy pants, white jeans, dark denim skirts work well. You can then be a bit more adventurous with colour and print in tops.
5. Bring along wet wipes and zip lock bags in your hand luggage as they will get you out of many sticky situations with style.
6. Think carefully about the shoes you bring along as these will take up valuable space in your luggage. Runners, a pair of neutral strappy heels and chic flats is as much as most people will need.
Aileen, an image consultant located in Mougins helps women be more confident by showing them the most flattering colours and styles to wear.
Aileen is running an online and free 4 Day Style Challenge starting on 4th March 2019. Learn more and join here.